Classic Photo: Little Beaver


The little people wrestlers were very popular across Ontario, often headlining cards in the smaller arenas during the boom. They were stars at Maple Leaf Gardens as well, a hit with fans of all ages. On this occasion Little Beaver is handing out promo photos to some of his younger fans at the Sutton Arena, summer of 1963. Little Beaver debuted in Toronto in May 1955 and appeared to 1987. The Star's Jim Proudfoot once called him 'the best performer in the business' and 'tremendous.'
-AC 

Thanks to Roger for the photo and from our conversations over the years...

...On another occasion I was sitting in a dugout at the old Maple Leaf Ballpark. Little Beaver was also in the dugout and we got to talking about the vagaries of running a wrestling business. Beaver went on to relate the following to me. 'When I began to promote as well as wrestle all I got was complaints, bad working conditions, not enough pay, and on and on so now I don't promote anymore. I wrestle, collect my pay, enjoy life,, and most importantly sleep well again at night.'..... -Roger